Job Profiles in Aviation Industry
India is the 3rd largest and fast growing aviation markets in the world. The aviation industry contributes $72 Billion to GDP in India.
Despite these figures careers in aviation is still not conventional in India. Indian aviation industry has a lot yet to offer. Here are 9 promising profiles in aviation industry for students –
1.Pilots – This is the most common career option in aviation. Pilots fly and navigate aircraft and helicopters. In order to become a pilot students require professional schooling, aviation degree and a pilot license. According to Indeed, the average salary of pilot is ₹28,222. But with good experience the salary can reach good heights.
2.Test pilot – When companies design and build new planes, they require test pilot to test them. The requirements to become a test pilot are same when compared to one who becomes a pilot.
3. Aeronautical Engineer- This job profile requires a graduate degree. An aeronautical engineer creates and develops new aircrafts and new designs. According to Indeed, the average salary of aeronautical engineer is ₹25,950.
4. Aerospace Engineer- This is another career in aviation industry with good future ahead. An aerospace engineer creates and develops spacecraft, satellite, drones etc.
5. Air traffic controller- These are the people who controls air traffic. They monitor the navigation of aeroplanes and engage communication with pilots. They usually work in airport traffic control to towers and issue instructions to pilots regarding take off and landing of airplane.
6. Aircraft interior technicians- Understanding aerodynamics and creating interior for aircrafts to accommodate all need of crew and passenger is responsibility of aircraft interior technicians.
7. Avionics Technician – This job profile requires skills in electronics and is responsible for maintaining all electronic systems in aircrafts.
8. Aircraft mechanic – They repair and maintain the parts of aircraft. Just like auto mechanic they run tests on components of aircrafts and repair them if any component is dysfunctional.
9. Cabin crew- This is one of the famous jobs in this industry. They are responsible for maintenance of comfortable aero plane ride and good conduct with passenger. The demand for english speaking attendants is high in this profile. With handsome pay from airlines, cabin crew is popular among youth.