What is Artificial intelligence (AI)
Artificial intelligence (AI), the ability of a digital computer or computer-controlled robot to perform tasks commonly associated with intelligent beings. The term is frequently applied to the project of developing systems endowed with the intellectual processes characteristic of humans, such as the ability to reason, discover meaning, generalize, or learn from past experience. Since the development of the digital computer in the 1940s, it has been demonstrated that computers can be programmed to carry out very complex tasks as, for example, discovering proofs for mathematical theorems or playing chess with great proficiency. Still, despite continuing advances in computer processing speed and memory capacity, there are as yet no programs that can match human flexibility over wider domains or in tasks requiring much everyday knowledge. On the other hand, some programs have attained the performance levels of human experts and professionals in performing certain specific tasks, so that artificial intelligence in this limited sense is found in applications as diverse as medical diagnosis, computer search engines, and voice or handwriting recognition.
From SIRI to self-driving cars, artificial intelligence (AI) is progressing rapidly. While science fiction often portrays AI as robots with human-like characteristics, AI can encompass anything from Google’s search algorithms to IBM’s Watson to autonomous weapons.
Advantages of Artificial Intelligence :
- Machines don’t require frequent breaks and refreshments as like human beings.
- That can be programmed to work for long hours and can able to perform the job continuously without getting bored or distracted or even tired.
- Using machines, we can also expect the same kind of results irrespective of timings, season and etc., those we can’t expect from human beings.
Day to Day Application
- In our daily needs, a smartphone also becomes the 4th necessity for the human along with dress, food & shelter.
- If you are using a smartphone, it indirectly means that you are enjoying the AI by knowingly or unknowingly.
- Design the methods for automation by using learning and perception have become a common phenomenon in our everyday lives.
- We have our lady Siri for iOS devices or Cortana for Windows devices to help us out.
- We also prefer the help from GPS for the long drives and trips.
- A smartphone is one of the apt everyday examples of how we utilize the power of AI to reduce the barriers in a day to day life.
- Highly advanced organizations already implemented machines on behalf of humans to interact with their customers by using ‘avatars’. It is the digital assistants or replicas which will help to reduce the need for human resources.
- For AI Machines, emotions only can be identified in the way of rational thinking.
- Robots can’t identify the sentimental factor of the user. It is actually programmed for taking the right programmic decisions based on the existing experience taught to the machine.
Handling Repetitive Jobs
- Repeated jobs are tedious in nature. That kind of jobs can be easily handled with the help of AI algorithms. These kinds of jobs don’t require much intelligence in between the process.
- Machines can think much faster than humans and can perform multi-tasking to obtain the best results.
- Machine intelligence can be employed to carry out dangerous tasks which may cause injury to the human involved in that. The ability to adjust their parameters is the benefit here. Their speed and time can be customized based on the required need.
- One of the great advantages of Artificial Intelligence is utilized in the field of medicine. We can identify the numerous numbers of medical applications which rely on AI.
- Doctors/Physician assess the patient’s health-related data and intimate the risk factors to the customers via the health care devices with the help of artificial machine intelligence.
- It helps the patient to know about the side effects of different medicines and also behaves as personal digital care. Artificial surgery simulator is the great innovation part of the AI. The efficiency of this always makes people utilize Artificial intelligence along with Professional aid for treatment of various diseases.
- Currently, we have huge software to detect as well as monitor the neurological disorders. It can simulate the functionality of the human brain.
- Robotics is used often in the treatment of mentally sick patients to come out from their depression and also make them remain active in the real world.
- The current medical industry has the popular application of artificial intelligence in Radiosurgery. It helps to operate the tumors without damaging the unaffected surrounding tissues.
- Artificial Intelligence and the science of robotics are the fascinating advancements in technological development.
- These complex machines can be utilized to overcome human limitations. We can utilize these machines as a replacement for humans wherever the process is hazardous but can’t be retreated because of the goodness of results produced by it.
Reduction of Error
- Another important advantage of using Artificial Intelligence is, it helps us for error reduction and increasing the chance of reaching higher accuracy with a greater degree of precision.
- It can be applied in various situations including the process called exploration of space.
Artificial intelligence today is properly known as narrow AI (or weak AI), in that it is designed to perform a narrow task (e.g. only facial recognition or only internet searches or only driving a car). However, the long-term goal of many researchers is to create general AI (AGI or strong AI). While narrow AI may outperform humans at whatever its specific task is, like playing chess or solving equations, AGI would outperform humans at nearly every cognitive task. AI is undoubtedly the future of the human race.