Bar Vocational Studies (BVC)
This is basically created to replace the BPTC, which is the two part bar vocational studies course is a good option. The students are disciplined and also self-motivated and has the determination towards their studies.
BVC majorly focuses on evidence and dispute resolution, criminal litigation, civil litigation etc. there are various career options after opting Bar Vocational course. Some of the popular courses are mentioned below:-
- Government legal service
- Employed lawyers
- Crown prosecution service
- Academic lawyers
- Legal publishing
- Finance industry and banking
- Commerce and business
- Transfer to the solicitor’s profession
- Local government lawyers
The main focus under this course is on learning through Practical works including many exercises specially for those in the early stages of the course.
This course contains many subjects –
- Conferencing skills
- Opinion writing
- Professional ethics
- Criminal litigation
- Resolution of disputes out of court
In the advocacy students learn about law in relation with a case. They get full experience of court in their trainings. They also represent there case in the mock courtrooms where they are able to respond to various questions and arguments.
The application form is available online at (BAR SAS) Bar student application service. Students here can apply for the BPTC course after their graduation.
Under the BVC, BTC, BPC courses –
- Part one – full time over a year and part time over a longer year.
- In case of two parts involves face to face teaching for both parts or there will be self – study for one part.
- Longer course which consists of the academic part of bar training ( degree) in an integrated course with vocational component.